The only way to charge a Vuse without one of its original chargers is by cutting the charging cord connector off a cable used with an Android or IOS device and inserting the wires into the Vuse charging port.
Now, the safest way we can suggest to charge a Vuse without its original charger is by purchasing a new one or waiting to use the Vuse until you get to its original cord. (Statistics show the majority of vape explosions occur from using an improper charger.) However, you can take a chance by using a phone charger or USB charger.
- How to Charge a Vuse Without a Charger?
- Why You Shouldn’t Charge Vuse Alto Without Its Original Vape Charger
- Charge a Vuse Alto Without a Charger FAQs
- Summing Things Up
How to Charge a Vuse Without a Charger?
When you find yourself without a charger, you have to get creative. Luckily, there is a way to get crafty and make a replacement charger for your Vuse Alto battery using a mobile phone micro USB charger, such as a USB C.
Yet before reading any further, you should know that when you charge a device without the original charger, you are running into dangerous territory. The Vuse vapes company makes replacement chargers that you can buy that are specifically designed for the battery of these devices.
But, if you want to charge your device without the proper cord, there is a way to do so.
We found this method of creating a charger reasonably simple to construct. You can do it within minutes and without any tools or special materials, as long as you have an extra charging cable lying around and don’t mind destroying it.
Making a DIY Vuse Alto or Pod Charger Cord
When making a fill-in Vuse Alto charger cord, we just followed these five simple steps. Remember to always be careful when working with electronics, especially when cutting them apart.
- Step 1. First, we grabbed an old USB charger. We used an Android cord, but an iPhone charger can also work as long as you have a way to plug in the cable once you connect it to the Vuse Alto battery.
- Step 2: Using a sharp utility knife, we cut the micro USB charging port off the mobile charger. (The micro USB is the end of the charging cord you would usually plug into your phone’s charging port. Not the end you would use to plug into a wall adapter or a laptop (you will need that part later to connect to a power supply.)
- Step 3: Next, we took the knife and sliced through the soft plastic part of the charging cord that protects the wiring and keeps you from getting electrocuted. You will want to remove this casing down an inch or so to expose the internal wires.
- Step 4: Then, we took the red and black wires and plugged the two wires into the charging port of the Vuse. You do this step by inserting the red wire into the middle hole on the end of the vape and the black wire into the hole located on the left side of the vape. (You may want to look up a video to see how to do this step correctly). Basically, what you want to do here is connect the positive and negative charging leads.
- Step 5: Finally, we plugged the other end of the phone charger into the USB port of our power source (either a computer or something else that accepts USBs). Like magic, the charge light came on, and we knew the battery was charging.
Now, once you have the Vuse Alto battery charging, you must keep the wires and vape in your hands the whole time. As we learned the hard way, once you let go, the power supply stops immediately and could damage the vape.
Also, if you are more of a visual learner, you may want to find a video on the internet to show you how to charge your device. Even if you are confident in your engineering skills, a video may better show you where the wires go when you charge your device in this way.
Why You Shouldn’t Charge Vuse Alto Without Its Original Vape Charger
Everyone has heard the devastating stories or read the horrifying reports of vapes exploding after people have charged them incorrectly. This problem happens because the LiPO battery inside the product gets overheated from too much voltage, ultimately blowing up inside the device. And, when you charge your Vuse without the proper Vuse charger, you don’t know what voltage you are getting, so an explosion is a real possibility.
According to a reporter from NBC, studies have shown that the lithium-ion rechargeable batteries inside a vape pen will quickly overheat if charged incorrectly, causing the vape battery to explode. Therefore, you have to handle these types of batteries with extreme caution and care.
Most vape pens blow up because of charging errors.
Charge a Vuse Alto Without a Charger FAQs
Here are some commonly asked questions regarding Vuse chargers, along with the best possible answers.
How Can I Tell If My Vuse is Charging?
Once you have followed our five simple steps for creating a Vuse charger and you’ve plugged it into a USB port, you can tell the device is charging once you see the LED light flash three times. The flashing light is an indication the charger is connected.
After that, red lights will start to blink, indicating the device is charging. Once the Vuse has a full charge, it will flash white again. With a fully charged vape, you will finally be able to take your connected device off the adapter or computer and enjoy it.
What Should I Do If My Vuse Starts to Get Warm When I Charge It?
Since you should be holding the Vuse device in your hand while it is charging with the USB port, you will be able to tell if the Vuse starts to get warm. If this happens, you should immediately put it down and detach it from the USB port.
This warming issue is a serious danger and why you shouldn’t replace an Alto charger with just any cord. Even a charger from another brand isn’t the greatest way to charge your Vuse.
Overall, it is best only to charge your Vuse with the correct cord. You charge your Vuse Alto with its original cord by plugging the quick connect end into the Vuse and then connecting the other side to a power supply.
Summing Things Up
Repurposing an old USB charging cable is one of the only ways you can get a Vuse vape to charge without its appropriate charger. If done correctly and carefully, you can successfully charge your vape by connecting your makeshift charger to laptops or wall adapters.