A vape mod works exactly as advertised. As its name suggests, it “modifies” the vaping experience.
Arguably the most crucial piece of a vaping device, the vape mod houses the batteries, consists of an atomizer that heats the e-juice to produce inhalable vapor, and has a container in the form of a tank or cartridge. The tank, as you may have deduced, stores additional e-liquid and has an atomizer attached to or held within it.
As you can tell, without a vape/box mod, there would be no production of flavorful clouds.
A vape mod offers you the flexibility to enhance your vaping sessions. It gives you control over things like temperature, power, and vapor production.
Modern box mods even provide you with the opportunity to change the screen color, lighting, and puff count limits. If those attributes weren’t enough, a premium vape/box mod also allows you to alter how soft or hard the pull feature is.
Fortunately, contrary to popular belief, you don’t have to spend a bomb to have a satisfying vaping experience. There are plenty of noteworthy box mods or vape mods under 100 dollars available for purchase on the market.
Listed below are only the best vape mods under 100 dollars for vapers. Bear in mind, the listed vape/box mods have only been selected after hours of experiments and recommendations from industry experts.
Without further ado, here’s a list of the best vape mods under 100 dollars.
At A Glance: Our Top Picks for Best Vape Mods Under $100
If you’re in a hurry, you can jump straight into our top picks (these are the vape mods under $100 that most people buy).
- SMOK Mag Grip 100W Top Pick
- Voopoo Drag 2 177W Runner-up
- Geekvape Aegis X 200W Runner-up
Top 6 Best Vape Mods Under $100 – Our Reviews:
1. SMOK Mag Grip 100W
Don’t believe the hype surrounding the SMOK Mag Grip 100W? Have one look at it and you’ll be sold for life.
Not only is the SMOK Mag Grip vape/box mod a beauty to behold, but it is also durable beyond belief on account of its sturdy zinc and alloy construction. Plus, with its ergonomic design, you won’t have any problems fiddling with this box mod on your hands.
The cheap vape mod, Mag Grip, offers a plethora of features too. I’m a big fan of its preheat functionality, smart atomizer recognition, puff monitoring system, sliding battery bay access, and TCR adjustments.
This baby has a wide range of safety protection features as well.
The large fire button also gets me all excited with its satisfying trigger-style feature. Other aspects of the Mag Grip that I’m fond of include its ability to accommodate all kinds of coils including nickel, titanium, and stainless steel.
Moreover, the fact that the navigation buttons and the OLED screen have been strategically placed only adds to the charm of the less than $100 SMOK Mag Grip. Plus, this vape mod is compatible with any 18650, 20700, and 21700 single batteries—that has to be the icing on the cake.
As you can tell, I have nothing but love for the SMOK Mag Grip. So, go for this vape mod without any hesitation.
- Ergonomic design feels and fits well with both small and large hands
- Durable zinc and alloy construction
- One of few mod devices compatible with 18650 battery, 20700 battery, and 21700 batteries
- One of the best cheap box mods under 100 dollars
- Offers great performance in two modes: VW mode and TC mode
- Best vape device mod for good battery life
- Has a convenient large fire button
- Some vapers may find the mod too heavy
- The display screen is too small for my liking
2. Voopoo Drag 2 177W
Widely popular all over the globe, the Voopoo Drag 2 has been able to strike it big in the vaping market mainly owing to its incorporation of the GENE chip.
What is this chip you ask? Well, this chip gives users access to the “super mode.”
This “super mode” facilitates a smooth vaping experience and the production of dense, huge, flavorful clouds.
Other aspects of the Voopoo Drag 2 that I’m particularly fond of include its TCR adjustment mode, intuitive OLED screen, larger than normal fire button, and magnetized battery door. Additionally, the vape/box mod also offers a good range of safety protection features such as over-discharge and overcharge protection, and protection against short-circuits.
I also like the mod’s FIT mode which protects sub-ohm tanks from burnout.
You wouldn’t have much to complain about the Voopoo Drag 2’s appearance either as this baby sports an appealing resin inlay design. This mod has also been built to stand the test of time with its premium zinc alloy construction.
Plus, expect this mod to be lighter than most other box mods around. As far as I’m concerned, you need to get the Voopoo devices pronto!
- Innovative GENE chip facilitates smooth vaping experience with the production of dense, huge, flavorful clouds
- Offers a good range of safety components such as over-discharge and overcharge protection, and short-circuit protection
- Durable zinc alloy construction
- Good max wattage output of 177W
- One of the best cheap vape mods under 100 dollars
- Uses battery power efficiently and has a convenient large fire button
- This great vaping device has an appealing design
- Only works with dual 18650 batteries
- Limit on wattage in TC mode
Read Also: Voopoo Drag Review: Best Mod On The Market?
3. Geekvape Aegis X 200W
Geekvape is a household name in the vape industry.
This brand is widely renowned for manufacturing only the finest vape products. Thankfully, it doesn’t let itself down or its fans with its offering of the Geekvape Aegis X 200W Vape Starter Kit.
This vape starter kit mod has it all—outstanding construction, stellar performance, and wonderful attributes. In short, the Aegis X offers bang for your bucks!
This box mod, with its zinc alloy construction and proper rubber coating, has been built to last a long time. I also like the fact that the Aegis starter kit box mod supports Temperature Control, TCR, Bypass, VPC, and Power Modes.
Other aspects of the box mod that you’ll like are its 2.4” OLED screen, micro USB port, bottom-hinged battery door, and large top-fill tank.
Now, for vape mods under 100 dollars to be considered among the best, it must come equipped with a ton of safety components. Fortunately, the makers of this starter kit mod have gone to great lengths to ensure total safety during usage by offering over-heating protection, protection against short-circuit, and reverse polarity protection.
If you want and need a vape mod that is compatible with the latest, most innovative sub-ohm tanks, get the Geekvape Aegis X. You can also get it in Zeus edition that includes the ZEUS sub-ohm tank and ZEUS coil
- Durable beyond belief with its zinc alloy construction and proper rubber coating
- Great max wattage output of 200W
- Shock-proof, dust-proof, and waterproof devices
- The menu is easy to use and navigate
- Supports Temperature Control, TCR, Bypass, VPC, and Power Modes
- Great OLED screen
- One of the top/best cheap vape mods under 100 dollars
- Can be used with a sub-ohm tank
- Zeus coil and tank available with Zeus edition
- Doesn’t use battery life efficiently
- Some vapers may find the battery door too rigid
- Would’ve fared better if it were scratch-proof
4. Vaporesso GEN
Mainly constructed of zinc alloy, the good-quality Vaporesso GEN Starter Kit is not only lightweight but also quite durable. Plus, the fact that it comes with soft-touch rubberized coating only helps its cause.
To power up this baby, you’d need to fit in a couple of 18650 batteries. Upon doing so, you’ll see that the Vaporesso GEN is capable of delivering a max wattage output of 220W!
Also, the mod comes with AXON Chipset, which means that the GEN can support Power ECO, Temperature Control, Pulse, and Power modes.
Other notable aspects of the Vaporesso GEN starter kit that I admire are its easy-to-use fire button, magnetic battery door, and two adjustment buttons. As far as safety is concerned, you can use the Vaporesso GEN without any scare of a health hazard as the mod offers overtime protection, overcharge protection, and protection against short-circuiting.
However, I need to say that all isn’t great with the dual battery Vaporesso GEN starter kit.
Its black-and-white screen is rather off-putting. Plus, the small display doesn’t do the mod any favor. I must also mention that the mod is susceptible to leaks during refills.
However, if you’re a sub-ohm vaper and very much like clouds, get this device and don’t worry about the cons too much.
- Though lightweight, it has an excellent build
- Supports Power ECO mode, Temperature Control mode, Pulse, and Power modes
- Features an easy-to-use menu system
- Good range of safety components such as overtime protection, overcharge protection, and short-circuit protection
- Great max wattage output of 220W
- Easy to use
- Two adjustment buttons
- One of the best vape mods under 100 dollars
- Best vape mod for good battery life
- Great choice for sub-ohm vapers
- The mod can leak at times during refills
- Can only be powered by dual 18650 batteries
5. SMOK Morph 219W
With the SMOK Morph 219W, we have the second SMOK vape mod on the list. However, make no mistake—this device has every right to be on this list of the best vape mods under $100.
This mod fulfills all the criteria required to be considered among the best vape mods under 100 dollars. It’s aesthetically pleasing to look at, offers phenomenal performance, and is available at a cut-throat price.
Constructed of premium zinc alloy, this is one of those high-quality devices that are certain to last a long time.
To get this mod functioning at high levels, you’d need to power it with dual high-amp 18650 batteries. Upon doing so, you’ll see the mod´s ability to deliver a max wattage output of 219 W.
Plus, since it’s equipped with the latest IQ-S intelligent Chipset, expect the SMOK Morph to fulfill multiple functions with minimum fuss. I’m also fond of its ability to accommodate different coil types including Ni200 nickel, titanium, and stainless steel coils.
Other notable aspects of the high-quality SMOK Morph device include color HD touch display screen, preheat function, bottom-loaded hinged battery door, puff monitoring system, smart atomizer recognition, and stealth firing bar mechanism.
Now that you’re aware of the benefits of the SMOK Morph devices, what’s stopping you from getting one (or two)?
- Offers plenty of customizable options including resin panel design
- Equipped with the latest IQ-S intelligent Chipset
- Supports all types of coils including Ni200 nickel, titanium, and stainless steel
- Good wattage output of 219 W
- Best vape mod for good battery life
- One of few mods that are easy to like and use
- Great appealing design
- Some vapers may face issues opening the battery door
- Only works with an 18650 battery
- Doesn’t have the most durable paintwork (susceptible to scratches after a while)
6. Geekvape Aegis Legend
Another Geekvape mod makes it to the “best vape mods under $100” list purely on merit. Stick around a while and I’ll tell you why the Geekvape Aegis Legend deserves to be on this list of the best vape mods under $100.
With its zinc and aluminum alloy construction, the Geekvape Aegis Legend is guaranteed to stand the test of time.
This critically renowned vape mod is also loved for its intuitive full-color OLED display screen, high-quality leather grip section, shock-absorbing rubberized bumpers, bottom-loaded hinged battery cap, quick-firing button, and spring-loaded gold-plated 510 connection.
Plus, it has the Zeus sub-ohm tank. Now, tell me again—how would you argue with the presence of the Aegis Legend on this list?
Equipped with the highly intuitive AS Chip, you can fully expect the Legend to perform multiple functions without glitches. Also, the Legend does support all coil types including titanium, nickel, and stainless steel coils.
Of course, it supports TCR, BYPASS, and VPC modes, too!
Lest we forget, the high-quality Aegis Legend device offers all the safety features provided by a regulated mod as well. So, if you expect full protection from short-circuits, over-charging, cut-offs, and overheating, best get this vape mod quickly!
- One of few mods that is shockproof, waterproof, and dustproof
- Best vape device mod for good battery life
- Getting started on this vaping device is easy as it boasts a user-friendly navigation system
- Sturdy zinc-aluminum build
- Zeus sub-ohm tank
- Intuitive full-color OLED display screen
- Supports all coil types
- Some vapers may find the battery door too rigid to close properly
- Only offers 40 watts in TC mode
The Bottom Line
Taking a pick from the seemingly innumerable “best vape mods under $100” options can be a task too overwhelming even for the initiated.
However, you’re in luck for I’ve just disclosed only the best vape mods under 100 dollars in the business. Choose from any of the mentioned devices if you want to experience vaping sessions in cloud nine.
As for me, the Geekvape Aegis X is the one to pick. This high-quality device is durable beyond belief with its zinc alloy construction and proper rubber coating, has a menu that is easy to navigate, supports Temperature Control, TCR, Bypass, VPC, and Power Modes, features a clear, large OLED screen, and is shock-proof, dust-proof, and waterproof.
I also like the fact that it has a bottom-hinged battery door and a large top-fill tank.
Also, for those worried about safety concerns, you can breathe a sigh of relief as this device has plenty of safety features. It offers over-heating protection, protection against short-circuit, and reverse polarity protection.
Of course, it can produce plenty of dense, large, flavorful clouds too! If you’re also serious about sub-ohming, you have the option to get it in Zeus edition and enjoy the Zeus sub-ohm tank and coil that are best for chasing clouds.
Still, you can choose other options from this “best vape mods under $100” list too. They’re all great (and the best!) vape mods in their own right and if I had the money, I’ll probably get two from this list.